Welcome to the Growing Green Guide for Melbourne Project
Here you will find information about the project, downloads and useful case studies to help you succeed in your green roof, wall or façade project.
The Growing Green Guide: A guide to green roofs, walls and facades in Melbourne and Victoria was released in 2014.
Find out more about it and the other components of the Growing Green Guide for Melbourne project on this website.
Download the free guide here.
Note that this Ebook version is 17MB. Smaller versions can be downloaded by clicking on The Guide tab above.
2016 has continued to bring with it a range of interesting events and consultations related to urban greening. Here are some ways to get involved:
- The third Canopy event for 2016 will be held on 28 July and will include a diverse collection of stories about green roofs, facades and biodiversity in Melbourne. Find out more and register here.
- The City of Melbourne has just released the draft of its first ever Urban Ecology and Biodiversity Strategy. The draft is available online, with public feedback open until 11 July. Register to attend the information session (with Q&A) on Monday 27 June from 6pm to 7.30pm or submit your feedback online.
- The Economic Framework for Green Infrastructure was recently developed to support better decision making and smarter investment for local government.
- Melbourne Bioblitz events occurred on 4 to 5 March and were attended by almost 750 people at 26 activities across our city’s parks over 24 hours. Keep exploring your roof garden, balcony, Local Park, street, laneway or backyard and check out the website for more.
- Check out some recent articles on green roofs:“Australia’s best vertical and rooftop gardens” “Creating a Low maintenance Green Roof”