Welcome to the Growing Green Guide for Melbourne Project
Here you will find information about the project, downloads and useful case studies to help you succeed in your green roof, wall or façade project.
The Growing Green Guide: A guide to green roofs, walls and facades in Melbourne and Victoria was released in 2014.
Find out more about it and the other components of the Growing Green Guide for Melbourne project on this website.
Download the free guide here.
Note that this Ebook version is 17MB. Smaller versions can be downloaded by clicking on The Guide tab above.
2016 has kicked off with a range of interesting events and consultations related to urban greening. Here are five ways to get involved:
- If you’re interested in vertical greening, come to Canopy on Feb 24 to hear ‘Three Views from the Cutting Edge’.
- Come along to the Sustainable Living Festival, which includes interesting events like Green In The Lane. The festival runs from Feb 6-28.
- Be a citizen scientist for a day – sign up for one of our many fun urban nature events at the upcoming BioBlitz on March 4 and 5.
- The City of Melbourne is on the lookout for big ideas as part of Future Melbourne – share your ideas about greening here.
- Applications are now open for people who would like to volunteer as Citizen Urban Foresters – express your interest here.